Ministry of Public Works via the General Directorate for the Merchant Navy
The Jovellanos Integral Maritime Safety Centre, which opened in May 1993, depends organically on the Spanish Maritime Safety Agency, attached to the Ministry of Public Works via the General Directorate for the Merchant Marine. Designed to provide comprehensive services, it has been equipped with modern means and installations. It has a team of highly qualified technicians and specialists who perform their tasks divided into two large departments: safety and the environment.
- Train: In accordance with applicable standards and based on the requirements of the trainees.
- Provide: The necessary know-how to successfully apply to the tasks entrusted at the workplace.
- Reduce: Fatalities and damage to the environment through training, avoiding risks and accidents.
- Encourage: The use of new technologies for training purposes in issues concerning safety and the environment.
- Guarantee: The use of the quality system in the design and development of training activities. "The Jovellanos Centre has obtained the ISO 9001 Quality Standard, awarded by Det Norske Veritas (DNV)."
SHIP HANDLING AND NAVIGATION SIMULATOR
VESSEL TRAFFIC SERVICES SIMULATOR
PRACTICE FIELD. RESCUE TRAINING
- SURVIVAL AT SEA TRAINING INSTALLATIONS
- RESCUE TRAINING UNDER WATER
INSTALLATIONS FOR FIRE FIGHTING PRACTICES
- VESSEL SIMULATOR
- CONTAINERS FOR THE CONTROL OF THE "FLASHOVER" PHENOMENON
INSTALLATIONS FOR HAZARDOUS GOODS PRACTICES