European Coast Guard Functions Academy Network for European Sectorial Qualifications Framework for Coast Guarding - ECGFA NET
*DISCLAIMER: This information is related to the implementation of the project between January 2015 - February 2016
- To support the establishment of a Coast Guard Functions Academies Network that would strengthen cooperation between CGF authorities.
- To increase student and expert exchange between CG authorities and academies.
- To design and construct a Training Portal under ECGFF websites.
- To plan and design the basis for a voluntary Sectorial Qualification Framework for Coast Guard Functions (CGFSQF).
- To follow the specifications of the European Qualification Framework (EQF) for harmonising and improving educational collaboration and student/expert mobility.
- European Coast Guard Functions Training Network Established (ECGF Training Network)
- European Coast Guard Functions Training Portal (ECGF Training Portal) constructed and launched
- Basic elements and minimum requirements for a Sectorial Qualifications Framework for Coast Guard Functions (CGFSQF) identified; Recommendations for next steps in defining the CGFSQF developed.
- Recommendations on European Coast Guard Functions Student and Expert Exchange Developed
- Recommendations on Coast Guard Functions training for EU and third countries developed
Finnish Border Guard
Affiliated entities / Contributors
Italian Coast Guard; Armed Forces of Malta; DGDDI French Customs, Romanian Naval Academy of Constanta; Guardia Civil (Spain); Guarda Nacional Republicana (Portugal); German Federal Police; UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency; Hellenic Coast Guard (Greece); Spanish Customs and Excises; SASEMAR (Spain); Cyprus Police Academy; Spanish Navy
European Space Agency; Guardia di Finanza (Italy); European Fisheries Control Agency; Frontex; European Union Satellite Centre; Swedish Coast Guard; European Police College (CEPOL)
The project was divided into four Work Packages (WP)
WP 1: Administration, coordination and reporting, WP leader: Finnish Border Guard
WP 2: Construction of the ECGFA Network, WP leader: Finnish Border Guard
WP 3: Designing, construction and implementation of an online training portal, WP leader: Spanish Maritime Safety Agency SASEMAR
WP 4: Elements of a Coast Guard Functions Sectorial Qualification Framework (CGFSQF), WP leader: Italian Coast Guard
Duration and Budget
14 months, January 2015 - February 2016
Ca. 800 000 euros, of which 80 % covered with funding from the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF)